Monday, December 16, 2013

Merry Christmas from Sister Pace




  This Christmas season has been so great! I feel like I have really been able to feel the Christmas spirit so strong. I know it is because I haven't been as distracted by the commercial part of Christmas, and I've  been able to really focus more on Christ this Christmas and give back to him by giving of  my time and service.

 We have been taken care of so well by this ward! My love for this ward grows more and more. There are so many wonderful people here. We have been involved with the ward Choir which has been so fun! We went to a Christmas sing along at a members home and sang Christmas carols with the choir. That was probably my favorite Christmas activity so far! That is a fun tradition I would love to carry on. There are so many homes that are decorated from the grass to the roof and everything in between. I tell ya, everything is bigger in Texas! 

I just want you all to know how happy I am here on my mission! I have been growing more and more to love this place and what I am doing here! My love for the people has grown, the missionaries I serve with are so amazing! We have so much fun together and they have such great testimonies.  Also, my love for President and Sister Ashton have grown. They are soo amazing as well!  I definitely consider them as second parents. Sister Christopherson  (one of my companions) got to go spend a few days in their home with their family to see what a gospel oriented family life is like. That doesn't happen very often. So I was able to see them a few times this  past week. I have so much love and respect for them. Sister Ashton is a huge role model in my life. 

Most of all, my love for our Savior Jesus Christ has grown. I have loved studying his life and ministry these past few weeks in the New Testament. I love how the world is so happy during the Christmas season because they remember Christ so much more. Just think of what it is going to be like when he reigns again on the earth! Its going to be amazing! 

 I love you all and hope you have a great Christmas season! I challenge each of you to find one way you can go out of your way to serve someone everyday until Christmas. I promise you will be able to feel the Christmas season even more this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment